KUWAIT CITY, Jul 13: Security sources confirmed that the Ministry of Interior did not receive any instructions regarding the lifting of isolation from Farwaniya area, the security personnel operating in Farwaniya are carrying out their duties without any new instructions.
The sources said that the videos circulated on social networking sites that show the lifting of some equipment from the Fawaniya area, are related to the equipment of the Ministry of Defense and not the “Interior”
Meanwhile the Kuwaiti Cabinet held on Monday its weekly meeting via videoconference, under the auspices of His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al-Hamad Al-Sabah.
At the outset of the meeting, Sheikh Sabah Khaled briefed the ministers on his recent meeting with chiefs and representatives of the government regulatory bodies that was held in line with the instructions of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah, Deputy Prime Minister and Cabinet Affairs Minister Anas Al-Saleh said.
The instructions focus on protecting public funds, combating corruption, the rule of law, Al-Saleh, also Minister of Interior, added after the Cabinet’s gathering.
The meeting between Sheikh Sabah Khaled and the chiefs stressed the necessity of taking serious steps to implement His Highness the Amir’s instructions through adopting a scientific approach which includes all concerted efforts and cooperation of all regulatory bodies so as to face the scourge of corruption, prevent its reasons and hold those responsible for corruption crimes whatever they are, he noted.
Such steps aim at restoring public funds that were looted and stolen and taking legal measures at both local and external levels in order to protect the status of the State of Kuwait.
His Highness the Prime Minister lauded the suggestions and notices by the officials regarding strengthening mechanisms to fight corruption and methods of coordination between the regulatory bodies, vowing to double efforts to achieve the desired goals, Al-Saleh added.
The Cabinet appealed to these bodies to expedite the preparation of the best methods to translate the directives of His Highness the Prime Minister on protecting public funds, fighting corruption and the rule of law, and working to activate the necessary coordination with other regulatory bodies to prevent the causes of corruption and promoting serious cooperation between these bodies in line with clear mechanisms.
Minister of Health Dr. Sheikh Bassel Humoud Al-Sabah informed the ministers about the latest developments on the health conditions in the country based on data and statistics regarding the novel coronavirus infections in terms of nationalities and areas as well as the deaths, recoveries and cases at intensive care unit (ICUs).
The Cabinet followed up the developments on preventive and curative levels and logistic services pertaining to efforts of combating the spread of the COVID-19.
The Cabinet was briefed on the ministerial coronavirus emergency committee, and decided the following:
- The Cabinet was informed by Minister of Health’s decision No. 103/ 2020 issued on June 6, 2020 regarding air travel regulations included in the first article of the ministerial resolution No. 98/2020 on departures and arrivals through land and sea ports.
- Assigning Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs, Kuwait Municipality and Public authority for Food and Nutrition to prepare a comprehensive vision so as to avoid overcrowding during slaughtering and distributing sacrifices during Eid Al-Adha, taking into account implementing health requirements.
- Asking the ministry of Social Affairs to issue a general instruction to societies, charitable committees and concerned bodies to curb distributing sacrifices outside Kuwait.
Afterwards, the cabinet was briefed on the recommendations by the economic affairs committee regarding establishing, operating and maintaining the project of Al-Dabdaba power-plant for solar PV production for the Kuwaiti oil sector.
- The Cabinet decided to cancel the decisions on this project due to the spread of coronavirus and its impacts on the global oil and financial markets.
- The ministers discussed the affairs of the National Assembly and decided to approve a bill amending some provisions of Law No. 17/1960 on issuing the law of criminal procedures and trials, referring it to His Highness the Amir.
- The Cabinet focused on the political affairs in the light of the current developments on both Arab and international arenas, expressing its condemnation and denunciation of the suicide attack that took place today at an intelligence H.Q in eastern Afghanistan, killing and injuring dozens.
- It stressed Kuwait’s stance rejecting terrorism in all its forms and manifestations, whatever their motives and causes