This post has been read 8906 times!
The Network Engineer will be instrumental in performing vital daily operational tasks on firewalls, routers, switches, load-balancers, and wireless systems and maintaining 24/7 network availability.
- Administers, deploys, manages, monitors, upgrades, migrates, and designs servers to support day-to-day operations
- Manages server infrastructure, conducts server upgrades, plans and implements disaster recovery solutions, and monitors and maintains the messaging system.
- Designs and deploys messaging compliance, system monitoring, and reporting.
- Designs, integrates, maintains, and troubleshoots database instances in the enterprise computing environment to support day-to-day operations.
- Evaluates threats, risks, and vulnerabilities and develops countermeasures to ensure continuation in the event of an IT services disruption.
- Capable of defining and implementing secure operations, communications, platform and application standards
- Architecting and directing implementation of technical security solution policies in alignment with business risk
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, designs, tests, and implements new security technologies
- Participate in meetings and provide recommendations and strategies for ensuring remediation of gap and deficiencies as projects develop
- Expert working knowledge of Palo Alto Networks hardware
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Remote access solution support: VPN
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Be on call for responding to system outages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of Networking with hands-on experience
- 5+ Hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative distributed environment
- Current knowledge and understanding of industry needs, as well as the technical demands
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained
- Proficiency with taking on a variety of tasks while maintaining attention to detail
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Possess teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organization
- Possess organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize workloads
Ref: NETWORK ENGINEER