KUWAIT CITY, Feb 1, (KUNA): Kuwait Anti-Corruption Authority (Nazaha) referred a former Assistant Undersecretary at the Ministry of Public Works and others to the Public Prosecution on “misappropriation public funds” charges.
In a statement, Nazaha said that this comes as a continuation of its efforts to combat corruption. It also expressed gratitude to everyone who helps the authority to access the necessary information on incidents of corruption, adding that it is committed at the same time to providing them with the utmost levels of protection and confidentiality required by law and the executive regulations.
Last week, His Highness the Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Khaled Al- Hamad Al-Sabah confirmed that the government’s top priority is fighting corruption and protecting public money, saying that this digital transformation in governmental work helps combating corruption. “The government has submitted 87 notices regarding public money to Kuwait’s Anti-Corruption Authority (Nazaha), 44 of which have referred it to the Public Prosecution Office,” His Highness the Premier during a meeting with local papers’ editors in chief.
“The government has also referred 122 cases of misappropriation of public money, in addition to 1691 cases of encroachment on state property and 282 cases of residency trade to the Public Prosecution,” he said. “We found a number of notes that were referred from the Cabinet to (Nazaha) and are reserved by the authorities due to lack of information data, therefore, the Minister of Justice, with the help of the government have set up a guideline to ensure that everyone is obligated to correct their report before referring it to (Nazaha) and the public Prosecution,” he continued.