Thursday, May 21, 2026
 
search-icon
search-icon
close-icon

Kuwait tightens screening at ports amid Ebola outbreak concerns

publish time

21/05/2026

publish time

21/05/2026

Kuwait tightens screening at ports amid Ebola outbreak concerns

KUWAIT CITY, May 21: The Ministry of Health has announced that it has raised the level of preventive and precautionary preparedness at all border crossings in response to recent developments related to Ebola outbreaks reported in several African countries. The announcement was made by the official spokesperson for the ministry, Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad, who said the decision comes as part of Kuwait’s routine epidemiological surveillance and early response system for global health threats. He emphasized that, so far, no Ebola cases have been recorded in the State of Kuwait, thanks to continuous monitoring and preventive measures.

Dr. Al-Sanad said health screening and surveillance procedures for incoming travellers have been strengthened at all entry points, including enhanced medical assessments and the use of thermal scanning systems in line with approved health protocols. He also urged the public to avoid non-essential travel to Uganda, South Sudan, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo during the current period. Reaffirming the country’s preparedness, he noted that public health teams and rapid response units remain on standby, while calling on residents to follow official guidance, maintain hygiene practices, and seek medical care if symptoms appear after travel.