Kuwait condemns “cowardly terrorist bombing” at Yemeni airport

This news has been read 13948 times!

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 30: Kuwait condemned as “cowardly” the terrorist bombing at the entrance of Aden airport in Yemen, which killed and injured dozens of civilians on Saturday. Kuwait underlined its unwavering position in opposition to violence and all forms of terrorism, according to a foreign ministry statement, saying it stood firmly behind the legitimate Yemeni government. It also reiterated its call for the international community to intensify efforts aimed at reaching a political solution which puts a stop to Yemen’s crisis in accordance with previously-agreed references.

At least 10 people were killed and 15 others injured in an explosion that occurred near the entrance of Yemen’s Aden International Airport earlier Saturday, said a security source. The victims of the blast were civilians, the source told KUNA, adding that a blaze broke out in the site and extended to nearby shops and vehicles. The vicinity of the blast site is an external stop of both arriving and departing passengers at the airport, it noted. Security apparatuses are conducting an investigation into the circumstances of the incident, it added, referring to the burning of a fuel truck as well.

The Gulf Cooperation Council on Saturday condemned an explosion near the entrance to the international airport in Yemen’s southern city of Aden, which left scores of people either dead or injured. These “cowardly and terrorist acts” run counter to humanitarian and ethical principles, the Gulf bloc’s chief Dr. Nayef Al-Hajraf said in a statement, calling for more cohesion in the global fight against terrorism. A car blast near the entrance to Aden’s International Airport resulted in a number of casualties, security sources told KUNA

This news has been read 13948 times!

Related Articles

Back to top button

Advt Blocker Detected

Kindly disable the Ad blocker

Verified by MonsterInsights