This post has been read 23804 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Jan 3, (Agencies): Kuwaiti Foreign Ministry strongly denounced Israel’s far-right minister of internal security’s storming of the compound of Al-Aqsa Mosque under heavy protection from Israeli occupation forces earlier Tuesday. In a statement Tuesday, the ministry stressed that this act provokes feelings of Muslims, violates international legitimacy resolutions and comes within the framework of the Israeli occupation authorities’ continuous attempts to change the historical and legal status quo in Jerusalem and its sanctities.
The ministry also urged the international community to act immediately and put an end to such acts. Saudi Arabia on Tuesday denounced provocative practices by an Israeli official who broke into the compound of Al-Aqsa Mosque earlier Tuesday. In a press statement, the Saudi Foreign Ministry voiced the kingdom’s disapproval of the Israeli occupation authorities’ practices that undermine international peace efforts and contradict international principles and norms for respect of holy sites.
The ministry reiterated the kingdom’s unwavering support for the Palestinian people and all efforts exerted to put an end to the Israeli occupation and find a fair and comprehensive solution to the Palestinian issue, including an independent Palestinian statehood based on the pre-1967 border and with Eastern Jerusalem as its capital.
A host of regional Arab and Muslim organizations released statements, Tuesday, strongly condemning the Israeli far right minister storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque under heavy protection of Israeli guard. Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Secretary General Dr. Nayef Al-Hajraf denounced these provocative practices, stating that such acts undermine international peace efforts and go against all global principles protecting the holiness of religious sanctities
Al-Hajraf further asserted the bloc’s firm stance by the Palestinian people and cause, as well as supporting all efforts towards a comprehensive and just solution. Meanwhile, in Cairo, Arab League General Director Ahmad Abu al-Gheit strongly denounced Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir storming of the Mosque’s compound, calling it a sacrilegious act and a provocation of Muslim’s feelings.
Abu al-Gheit affirmed that (Benjamin) Netanyahu’s government is completely responsible for these extremist practices, and their ramifications on global peace. The Cairo-based Arab Parliament also deplored Ben-Gvir’s action, underscoring rejection of any attempt to alter Jerusalem’s historical and legal status quo.
As for the Jeddah-based Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) General Secretariat, it vehemently condemned the actions, considering them a blatant breach of international law. OIC urged the international community to take responsibility and put an end to these instability-fueling infringements. The ultranationalist Israeli Cabinet minister visited Tuesday a flashpoint Jerusalem holy site for the first time since taking office in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s new far-right government last week.
The visit is seen by Palestinians as a provocation and drew fierce condemnation from across the Muslim world and rebuke from Israeli allies. Earlier in the day, Palestinian officials said a 15-year-old boy was killed by Israeli army fire near the occupied West Bank city of Bethlehem. The Israeli military said its forces had shot a person involved in violent confrontations with soldiers. In Jerusalem, National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir entered the site known to Jews as the Temple Mount and to Muslims as the Noble Sanctuary flanked by a large contingent of police officers. Ben-Gvir has long called for greater Jewish access to the holy site, which is viewed by Palestinians as provocative and as a potential precursor to Israel taking complete control over the compound.