21/05/2026
21/05/2026
Public Prosecution in Kuwait announces a new timeframe for court judgment implementation.
KUWAIT CITY, May 21: Public Prosecution stated that the suspects illegally crossed Kuwait’s maritime borders before being detected by armed forces personnel assigned to secure the area. Security forces intercepted the group inside the restricted military zone following what officials said was a carefully planned operation involving boats, advanced navigational and field equipment, as well as weapons, ammunition, communication tools, and surveillance devices.
Authorities said preliminary investigations revealed that the operation had been carried out with prior preparation, concealment, and detailed military-style coordination, allegedly with the intention of targeting military, sovereign, and security-related sites and facilities within Kuwait.
The prosecution further stated that the suspects attempted to kill members of the guard force by opening fire during the interception, describing the incident as a hostile act aimed at violating Kuwait’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and national security.
Immediately after the suspects were referred to the Public Prosecution, investigation teams launched extensive legal and field procedures. Prosecutors interrogated the defendants, confronted them with evidence and indications gathered during the investigation, and conducted a comprehensive inspection of the incident site. Authorities also collected physical and technical evidence linked to the case and heard testimonies from witnesses and military personnel responsible for securing the area.
The General Department of Criminal Evidence was tasked with conducting specialized examinations on the seized weapons, ammunition, communication devices, and surveillance equipment. Technical experts are also analyzing forensic traces and carrying out comparisons as part of efforts to determine the full circumstances, motives, and possible wider connections related to the incident.
Based on the findings of the investigation, the Public Prosecution said the accused have been referred to the competent court to stand trial on multiple charges.
In its statement, the prosecution stressed that Kuwait’s sovereignty, territorial integrity, and security are constitutional and legal principles that cannot be compromised. It said the alleged actions—including breaching state borders, infiltrating a prohibited military zone, targeting sovereign and military facilities, and attempting to kill armed forces personnel—constitute a direct attack on the unity of the country and its military security.
Authorities added that the case falls under Decree-Law No. 156 of 2025 concerning combating international crimes, as well as provisions of the Penal Code and Decree-Law No. 13 of 2026 related to securing and protecting the supreme interests of military authorities.
The Public Prosecution affirmed that Kuwait would continue to firmly confront any act threatening the country’s sovereignty, borders, stability, or supreme national interests, stressing that the law would be applied with full force against anyone involved in such actions.
