KUWAIT, April 4 (KUNA) — Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio on Saturday expressed gratitude for the State of Kuwait tangible support for the nation in combating the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement that minister Di Maio expressed the appreciation for the Kuwaiti aid during a telephone contact with Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Nasser Al-Mohammad Al-Sabah, conducted earlier on Saturday.
Minister Maio said on his official Twitter account that he was informed by Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Nasser during the call about allocating a fund, part of the “grand donation” to the World Health Organization, for Italy, concluding, “Thank you Kuwait.”
He lauded Kuwait’s donation of USD 60 million to the WHO as part of efforts to fight the pandemic that has mushroomed all over the continents.
Earlier today, the Kuwaiti foreign minister received a phone call from his counterpart in the friendly Republic of Italy, discussing latest conditions resulting from spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Moreover, the two ministers pondered means of boosting mutual cooperation in facing repercussions and ways of containing the pandemic.