21/05/2026
21/05/2026
TEHRAN, May 21: Iran has reportedly resumed parts of its drone production program during a ceasefire period, signaling a faster-than-expected recovery of its military capabilities following recent US-Israeli strikes, according to a CNN report citing sources familiar with US intelligence assessments.
The report said four sources indicated that US intelligence agencies now believe Iran is rebuilding its military infrastructure at a significantly quicker pace than initially anticipated. Some assessments suggest that Iran could fully restore its drone attack capability within as little as six months, marking a potentially rapid turnaround despite the damage inflicted during earlier strikes.
A US official quoted in the report said Iran had “exceeded all timelines” previously set by the intelligence community for military reconstitution, highlighting concerns over the speed of Tehran’s recovery efforts. The official did not provide further operational details but indicated that the rebuilding effort spans multiple areas of Iran’s defense capabilities.
In response, Chief Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell emphasized the strength and readiness of US forces, stating that “America’s military is the most powerful in the world and has everything it needs to execute at the time and place of the President’s choosing.” He added that US forces have continued conducting successful operations across combatant commands while maintaining a deep arsenal of capabilities to protect national interests.
The developments come amid heightened regional tensions and ongoing scrutiny of Iran’s military capacity following recent conflicts involving Israel and the United States.
