State Security case hearing postponed to Nov 23
KUWAIT CITY, Nov 3: The Criminal Court postponed the State Security Department leaks case, to November 23 to summon the Deputy Director of the State Security Department to give his testimony. The court then decided to release the detained State Security officers without guarantee, reports Al-Anba daily.
According to the case papers, some officials and the officers are accused of violating penal laws, misuse of telephone communications and eavesdropping devices, and leaking the tape to a fake Twitter account.
The men have denied the charges. It was reported earlier that the social media had circulated video-audio recordings of cameras installed in separate places of one of the rooms of the State Security Agency, in which people, including officers, appear, sometimes talking about hacking the accounts of some politicians and citizens on ‘Twitter’, and at other times about a big case that was discussed in Public Funds Prosecution. The Ministry of the Interior had previously issued a statement confirming that these leaks date back to 2018, and Minister of Interior Anas Al- Saleh had ordered the suspension of the director of the agency and seven officers from work until the case ends.
The Al-Rai daily said the officers hold the rank of colonel and that one of them is from the ruling family. The daily also said the security leaks from the State Security Agency pertain to the socalled Malaysian Fund case.