KUWAIT CITY, Aug 18: The Appeals Court has received defense petitions from all the convicts in the Ministry of Interior Hospitality case, reports Al- Anba daily. The court has yet to set a date to look into the appeals against the verdicts issued by the Criminal Court sentencing the defendants to various prison terms. A source said a session will be held within a month to a month-and-a-half to look into the appeals.
In addition, two of the convicts surrendered themselves to the security authorities yesterday, in implementation of their imprisonment sentence. They are the Director of the Financial Affairs Department at the Ministry of Interior, Walid Khaled Al-Sanea, who was convicted to imprisonment for 17 years, and the official in the Board of Directors , Muhammad Tariq Al-Kazemi, who was convicted to 10 years in prison.
Meanwhile, the Al-Seyassah daily said security officers have arrested one of the suspects involved in the so-called Hospitality case, the Lebanese resident identified only as M.Y.R, who was sentenced in absentia to 10 years in prison, while the two others, the owner of Kuwait Hayat ‘New Park’ Hotel, identified as M.K. who had been sentenced to years in prison and the Assistant Undersecretary for Financial Affairs, W.S. who had been sentenced to 17 years in jail, are said to have surrendered themselves to the Sentences Enforcement Department.
According to a security source, M.Y.R was arrested in the Hawalli Governorate and has been sent to Central Prison. On the other hand, the Public Prosecution has issued a decision to freeze the bank accounts of Fashionista, identified as A.E. The Prosecution has also ordered the seizure of the properties of the accused on charges of money laundering, which is known as the second group of money laundering suspects