This post has been read 45987 times!
KUWAIT CITY, Aug 23: The General Directorate of Traffic Department issued 8 instructions to taxi operating offices/companies. Drivers who violate these instructions will be held accountable.
Within the framework to improve taxi transportation service in the country and to provide best service to Kuwaitis and expats guaranteeing their safety and safety of vehicle driver and facilitating smooth traffic on the roads following instructions have to be followed:
1. English and Arabic permits for taxis should be placed behind the driver’s seat / front passenger seat
2. Taxi companies details and drivers details including phone numbers should be displayed
3. Taxi Fare Meter should be operational for roaming taxis
4. Sign on taxi should be illuminated indicating no passengers
5. Taxi drivers are not permitted to pick up passengers from anywhere on the streets
6. Commitment of taxi and on-call taxi drivers not to pick up passengers from Kuwait International Airport
7. Taxi drivers are not allowed to pick up passengers from highway or main roads
8. Taxis are meant to give transport only to passengers and no goods/equipment’s/food are allowed to be transported