KUWAIT CITY, Sep 12: Kuwait’s confirmed coronavirus cases increased by 736 to 94,211 with one person having succumbed to the disease which raised the death toll to 558 in the past 24 hours, a health ministry official said on Friday.
The figures include people, who have come into contact with infected individuals, and others whose source of infection is currently being investigated, spokesman Abdullah Al-Sanad told KUNA.
There are 94 people currently receiving intensive care for the virus out of a total 9,249 patients being hospitalized.
Some 4,998 swab tests were conducted in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 673,003 so far, added the spokesman.
The official reiterated the strict need to abide by health precautions, urging nationals and expatriates alike that following social distancing rules is the only way to keep the virus at bay.
Earlier, the ministry said 744 people have recovered from the virus, upping the total number of those to have overcome the disease to 84,404