------------- -------------- ------------------- -------------------

22 students suffer suffocation

The Fire Emergency Dept and paramedics at the site of the incident

KUWAIT CITY, Oct 9: Kuwait Fire Services Directorate (KFSD) said Tuesday a gas leak from an air-conditioning unit at one of the Al-Ahmadi girls’ schools led to suffocating 22 students who were treated by emergency medical services’ personnel. KFSD stated in a press release that the department had received an emergency call about the accident.

Precautionary evacuation of the school building was done after arrival of the KFSD personnel. Mubarak Al-Kabeer fire department’s team did a final toxic gas scan. It was later determined that the school building and premises were clear of the above level gas residues. (KUNA)

Check Also

Toddler stuck in washing machine rescued

A team of firemen arrive at the scene to rescue the small boy trapped in …

Translate »