KUWAIT CITY, May 22: Many shopping malls in Kuwait have started awareness campaign by issuing a set of instructions on basic conditions required to enter the mall and shopping centers. The approvals on these conditions from the health authorities and other concerned authorities in the Kuwaiti government are still awaited.
The operations are to begin keeping safety of both employees and customers. Social distancing and hygiene, as well as the use personal protection for business operators, workers, and customers.
The United Real Estate Company issued a circular for “Marina World” project, which includes “Marina Mall” and “Marina Crescent”, through which the basic procedures required to be approved and provided, the decision is pending from the concerned authorities to reopen the shopping centers in Kuwait after the end of the comprehensive ban period at the end of this month.
Working Hours and guidelines of Marina Mall
The administrative procedures include determining the working hours in the “Marina Mall” from 10 am to 10 pm daily, and from 10 am to 11 pm during the weekend.
Only 4 main entrances specified to enter the “Marina Mall” with a capacity of up to 30% to receive visitors and shoppers in the first period, and to give visitors a certain time that does not exceed two hours as a maximum for spending in the mall.
The company’s management will prevent the presence of more than 5 people inside the shop or unit of an area of 70 square meters, in addition those below 15 years of age without their relatives will not be allowed.
Sterilization of all parts of the complex, including escalators, continuously around the clock, and the setting of sterilization points on the approved entrances
The company’s management indicated that all employees and workers in the complex must adhere to wearing masks and gloves around the clock without giving any exceptions in this framework
Social distancing in vital areas during shopping and standing in a queue with distance of one meter must be adhered.
The guidelines was also issued by Mabanee company to the employees proactively to protect public health and speed up the pace of economic and community recovery while restoring quality of life.
- Social distancing protocols.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Personal protection protocols (face masks, gloves) for customers and employees.
- Employees shall stay home if sick/experiencing symptoms.
- Customers shall not enter if they are experiencing symptoms.
- Elevators will be restricted to 4 person per time with foot markers; also, to be restricted to elderly, special needs, and people with trolleys
- Floor stickers to be placed to remind visitors for safe distancing.
- Sterilization is to be made every 2 hours by cleaning unit.
- Sanitizer locations are to be marked in the Avenues application for ease of use as well as have banners reminding visitors to use them.
- All benches in public areas to be removed.
- All food court seating area to be removed.
- Banners to spread awareness throughout Grand Avenues.
- All screens throughout the mall showing the safety measures taken by the Avenues.
- Dedicating the Avenues Eye for COVID19 Awareness. Visitors are obliged to wear their face mask during their entire visit.
- Precautionary banners to be spread throughout the mall
For Retail and Restaurants
- Maximum customer limit to be place on facades.
- Maximum occupancy is determined and indicated on a sticker placed on each shop façade as well as digital payments only indication.
- Foot markers outside of stores indicating the recommended social distance for queues in case the maximum limit in the store has been reached.
- Advise against group shopping on the banners and marketing billboards.
- Foot markers to be placed behind all cashiers to maintain safe distance.
- Social distance implemented with over the counter purchases.
- Payments are to be made digitally/online.
- Make up stores will require customers to wear gloves
- Fitting rooms are advised to be kept closed
- Providing a charged routine sterilizing service for the investors by the Avenues (TBD).