This post has been read 3371 times!
KUWAIT CITY, March 6: Minister of Justice and State Minister for National Assembly Affairs Dr Faleh Al-Azeb disclosed that he is seriously thinking about putting up special courts for inheritance lawsuits, taking into consideration that it takes about 20 years before a ruling is announced on many of these cases, reports Al-Anba daily. Al-Azeb pointed out the continuation of inheritance lawsuits for such a long period in court leads to deterioration of family ties and worsening disputes among family members, up to the extent the dispute is passed from one generation to the other. He added that in case his plan requires issuance of a special law, the ministry will submit drafts to the National Assembly.
He considers it injustice if someone has to wait for 20 years before receiving his inheritance, and in most cases, the person dies without getting his right. He stressed that his plan aims to reduce the period of waiting for a verdict. He also unveiled his plan to establish ‘one-day’ courts which will handle minor financial lawsuits such as traffic violations and fees for telecommunication companies. He also confirmed the launching of night shift courts, affirming there is no additional cost for this purpose in the State budget as the employees have been distributed to morning and night shifts.
He revealed the night shift starts at 4:00pm and ends at 8:00 pm, indicating the functions of night-shift courts include authorization of documents and they are keen on facilitating procedures for the people. Talking about the rising divorce rate in the country, Al-Azeb cited modern lifestyle and spread of social media platforms as some factors which weaken family ties; leading to many divorce cases.
On putting family courts where traditional courts are located, Al-Azeb clarified this is due to the fact that the current locations of family courts are not originally designed for courts. He said they are located in investment buildings designed as flats so they do not satisfy the needs of visitors such as adequate parking areas and other facilities. He added these buildings do not protect the privacy of families, not to mention the suffering of residents in surrounding areas due to traffic jams. He went on to say his idea is to allocate buildings for family lawsuits with special entry and exit points in order to keep families away from the criminal courts.
Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Sheikh Khaled Al-Jarrah had indeed sent a request to the General Department for Citizenship and Travel Documents to issue a travel document to media man Saad Al-Ajmi to help him enter the country, reports Al-Qabas daily quoting a knowledgeable security source.
The source said Assistant Undersecretary for Citizenship and Residence Affairs Major-General Sheikh Mazen Al-Jarrah has not received any instructions to facilitate the entry of Al-Ajmi to Kuwait. He pointed out the General Department for Citizenship and Travel Documents is not entitled to issue a travel document to Ajmi to enter the country because he is holding the nationality of another country. The source pointed out Al-Ajmi is a Saudi citizen and he had been administratively deported from the country which means he is banned from entering the country.