This post has been read 115949 times!
MOI updates application for Tourist visa and Online payment system
KUWAIT CITY, Nov 24: To keep up with the latest global system and to modernize and develop e-service to ease the service to the public, the Ministry of Interior has updated the e-visa system for issuing tourist visas and paying fees.
The MOI stated in a press statement that the system has been updated to issue tourist visas through the MOI website for 53 countries whose nationals are allowed to obtain this type of visa.
GCC residents (Expats) who has residency for more than 6 months in one of the GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman) and who hold professions as per the Ministerial Resolution no. 220 of 2008 such as
- Judges & Members of Public Prosecution
- University Teachers
- Press & Media Staff
- System Analysts & Computer Programmers
- Diplomatic Corps
- University Graduates – Owners, Managers and Representatives of Commercial Companies and Establishments as well as
- Saudi Premium residence holders can apply for e-visa through MOI website.
(below is the list of nationals who are vaccinated and can apply for e-visa)
List of 53 countries who can apply for tourist e-visa
The People’s Republic of China – HONG KONG
- Upon arrival, a visa fee of 3KD may apply after obtaining the visa at the border entry point
- The validity of the passport must exceed six months when applying for e-Visa
- A tourist visa is valid to enter Kuwait State within a month from its issuance for a single entry
- A tourist visa allows its holder a temporary stay for a maximum of 3 months starting from the entry date, therefore he must leave the country before its expiration.
- The tourist visa holder is not allowed to work in the country and in case he/she is caught they will be subjected to the legal accountability.
- A visitor who overstays the permitted period will be fined and subjected to legal accountability that may extend to disqualifying him from issuing visa in the future.
- The submitted applications will be responded to during working days within official working hours. This does not include weekends in Kuwait (Friday and Saturday) and public holidays.
- Status of visa application will be informed via email once tourist e-Visa application has been approved or declined.