KUWAIT CITY, Feb 20: The Directorate General of Civil Aviation was preparing the final touches to issue a comprehensive circular on mechanism for operating direct flights from high-risk countries with mandatory institutional quarantine for arrivals for a period of 14 days from high risk countries and for a period of 7 days from other countries, but last-minute there has been a change in the decision.
Based on the instruction of the health authorities in the state of Kuwait, after evaluation of global coronavirus pandemic status will continue not permitting expats (non Kuwaitis) to enter Kuwait, only Kuwaitis and their first degree relatives and accompanied maids will be allowed to enter Kuwait.
Following measures will be implemented.
All arriving passengers must register in Kuwait Mosafer app/website. All airlines must ensure not to accept passengers who have not registered in the mentioned app/website
Only passengers holding negative PCR certificate with validity for 72 hrs from the date of test will be accepted provided they don’t show any symptoms such as cold, sneezing, high temperature, cough etc)
Passengers are subjected to 14 days compulsory quarantine. First 7 days institutional quarantine in any one of the approved hotels with additional 7 days of home quarantine all at their own expense.
Two PCRs will be conducted, first on arrival and second on the 6th day during institutional quarantine all at their own expense.
Also passengers should download the Shelonak app before leaving the institutional quarantine on the seventh day.
Exempted from ban
Following categories are exempt from institutional quarantine
- Diplomats and their families accompanied by their maids (Identification required)
- Kuwaiti patients who went abroad for medical treatment and their companions (letter issued from related Kuwait health office at the country of medical treatment needed)
- Kuwaiti students studying and registered abroad, passengers must show letter (issued by Kuwait culture office indicating that the student is registered in one of the abroad universities and a letter from university indicating exam dates)
- Medical crew and their accompanied families ( must show identification evidence)
- Minors below 18 yrs old unaccompanied passengers
All categories mentioned in category 4 are subject to home quarantine for a period of 14 days and are required to conduct 2 pcr test, first test upon arrival to Kuwait on the airport, second on the sixth day during institutional quarantine. All tests will be on passengers own expense.
All Airlines operating at Kuwait International Airport must adhere to the above instructions, this circular comes into force from 21st February (Sunday) at 00.01 Kuwait local time