Thursday , December 14 2017

Error blocks Kuwait entry – Stranded in Bahrain

KUWAIT CITY, June 28: Joseph Morris, a US Muslim citizen who is stuck in Bahrain for more than 20 days, will seek the assistance of Kuwait Embassy in Bahrain, in a bid to facilitate his entry to Kuwait and reunite with his 13-year-old son after almost four years of separation, reports Al-Rai daily.

Morris, who is also known as Mohammad Abdulaziz after converting to Islam, says he has been denied entry to Kuwait, where he lived for 15 years, because of an electronic error in the immigration and residence system there.

Morris claims the US Government has subjected him to racial and religious discrimination and refuses to assist him.

According to Morris, the Kuwaiti authorities have blacklisted him, and as a result cannot enter the country. “It has been a long time away from my family. My son Abdulaziz is young and he needs me with him. I have been trying to re-enter Kuwait since then and spent so much money on scammers and lawyers, who promised to assist me, but nothing helped,” Morris earlier told Bahraini DT News English newspaper.

After staying at the Bahrain International Airport since the beginning of the Holy Month of Ramadan, a group of Bahrainis took Morris to Al Nafeesy Mosque in the industrial area in the Dry Dock, few kilometers to the northeast of the airport.

However, Morris plans to approach the Kuwaiti Embassy in the Diplomatic Area to seek assistance from Kuwaiti diplomats. DT News had reported earlier that Morris had approached the US State Department to solve his case, but with no results. He claimed that he was completely ignored by the authorities.

He is not optimistic about any assistance from the US Embassy in Manama. A representative from the embassy had promised to “get back” to him, but never contacted him.

Check Also

Amir raps Bahrain attack

KUWAIT CITY, June 19, (Agencies): His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah sent …

Translate »