Converting visit visa to dependent visa for 6 month old

I got selected in Kuwait my salary more then KD 1,500. My husband living in Saudi Arabia and have 6 months old daughter they will travel with me on arrival visa (GCC rule). My query can tourist visa of my daughter be converted into dependent visa.

Name withheld

Answer: Under the Kuwait Labour Law, it is only the husband who can sponsor members of his family as dependents. Even though your salary is way above the KD 450 salary cap you won’t be able to convert your daughter’s tourist visa into a dependent visa because the law doesn’t permit so.

Kindly send your queries to or

Check Also

Visit visa extension for wife

I am from India, my wife is in Kuwait for 3 months visit visa. Is …

Translate »