RSS
 Add News     Print  
Article List
Real sell Morata to Juve, loan Casemiro to FC Porto WBA sign Ideye for club record fee

MADRID, July 19, (Agencies): Real Madrid said Saturday they have sold Spanish under 21 striker Alvaro Morata to Juventus and were loaning Brazilian midfielder Casemiro to FC Porto. Morato has been a regular in Madrid’s team this year and has scored 11 goals in 52 games for the side overall. Italian champions Juventus confirmed the 21-year-old had signed a five-year deal worth 20 million euro ($27m) to be paid over three years which includes a buy-back clause. The 22-year-old Casemiro played 25 games for Madrid in 2013-2014, but only started four of those. Competition for Real midfield places is heating up with the arrival of German World Cup winner Toni Kroos this week. The Real-Porto accord includes an option to buy. Porto have already bought Dutch defender Bruno Martins Indi this week and taken attacker Cristian Tello on a two-year loan from Barcelona.

 
West Bromwich Albion have signed Nigeria forward Brown Ideye from Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev for a club-record transfer fee on a three-year deal, the Premier League team said on Friday. The fee was undisclosed but the club said on their website (www.wba.co.uk) that it exceeds the amount they paid Sunderland for Stephane Sessegnon last September. “Brown is a quality striker and I’m looking forward to working with him,” head coach Alan Irvine said. “He’s a strong, quick, powerful player who likes to get in behind defences and has plenty of Champions League and international experience.” The 25-year-old forward arrives at The Hawthorns with an impressive record having scored 74 goals in 182 career league appearances. Brown has scored five goals in 24 appearances for Nigeria and was called up to their 2010 World Cup squad in South Africa.
 
A judge in Rio de Janeiro Friday ordered 23 people jailed for “violence” during ant-World Cup protests, including those arrested before the Argentina-Germany final. Judge Flavio Itabaiana de Oliveira Nicolau said the dicision was made because of “the danger the accused pose to the public.” Of the 23, two of those jailed are accused of the death of a Brazilian TV camerman who was killed when he was struck by a flare. Minutes before the final, police launched tear gas and stun grenades to disperse some 300 anti-Wold Cup protestors who tried to march toward Rio de Janeiro’s Maracana Stadium. But World Cup protests on the whole were much smaller that the the mass protests that rocked Brazil during last year’s Confederations Cup.
 
winger Theo Walcott is expected back in training in August as he steps up his recovery from knee surgery, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. Walcott has been sidelined since January after suffering knee ligament damage in an FA Cup victory against Tottenham. The injury required an operation, ruling Walcott out of Arsenal’s successful FA Cup run, which finally ended the club’s long trophy drought, and also forcing him to miss the World Cup. But the 25-year-old, who recently became a father for the first time, is back in light training as Arsenal begin their pre-season preparations and Gunners boss Wenger is hopeful the winger will be back in action soon after the start of the new Premier League season next month.
 
Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo suffered an injury scare as the Premier League champions won 2-1 in a friendly against Hearts on Friday. Manuel Pellegrini’s side were beaten by Dundee on Monday, but they secured the first win of their pre-season campaign thanks to Aleksandar Kolarov’s late penalty at Tynecastle. However, the result was overshadowed by an as yet unspecified injury to Negredo that forced the Spanish striker to limp off before half-time. Negredo’s injury comes as City prepare to fly to the United States to continue their preparations for the start of the new Premier League season next month.
 
Mohamed Salah’s Chelsea career is hanging in the balance as he may be ordered to return to Egypt to complete military service, Egyptian media reported. Salah, who completed a move to Stamford Bridge from Swiss club Basel in January, is allowed to live in England on the basis of his participation in an educational programme. However, his registration to that programme has been rescinded by the Minister of Higher Education in Egypt, the football website www.kingfut.com said, meaning the pacy 22-year-old may have to return to the country. If Salah was obliged to return home, he would not be allowed to leave Egypt again until completion of a period of military service, ranging from 12 months to three years.
 
“Salah has expressed his shock about the decision,” Egyptian National Team director Ahmed Hassan said on kingfut.com. “He told me that he is trying to represent Egypt in the best way possible. Is this the best response from the country?” A meeting has been scheduled between the Egyptian FA, the national team coaching staff and the Minister of Higher Education to find a solution.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Read By: 1435
Comments: 0
Rated:

Comments
You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us