Add News     Print  
Article List
Release and transfer

I came to Kuwait on a domestic (Article 20) visa many years (about seven years) ago. Some time ago I transferred to the domestic visa of my current employer, who later changed my residence status to a work permit (Article18). I want to know whether I can get a release after one year of this transfer and transfer to another employer who is offering me better terms. I have an attested university degree.

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you can get a release from your current employer and transfer to another employer as you have already spent one year with your current sponsor after getting a local transfer.

Please remember that even if your sponsor refuses to give you a release you can still approach the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor (through the Labor Office in your area) which will sanction the transfer. Although you don’t need to use your university degree for the transfer process, it will certainly makes things easier for you.

Read By: 3651
Comments: 0

You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us