RSS
 Add News     Print  
Article List
MEW collects KD 309m from individuals and institutions ‘Consumers obliged to present clearance certificates’

KUWAIT CITY, April 28: The Ministry of Electricity and Water collected around KD 309 million from individuals and institutions from April 1, 2012 until Jan 9, 2014, reports Al-Seyassah daily quoting Minister of Public Works, Electricity and Water Abdulaziz Al-Ibrahim. Responding to a query submitted by MP Adel Al-Kharafi, Al-Ibrahim confirmed the ministry has taken a number of procedures to collect minimum dues from the consumers due to the nature of services which are provided in advance.

He explained the consumers are obliged to present a clearance when applying for any of the services offered by the ministry, in addition to linking all utilities provided to the same consumer with one civil ID. He said all ministries and government authorities must coordinate with one another, so as not to finalize any transaction for the consumer unless he settles his dues at the ministry.

He added the procedures include filing lawsuits against consumers who do not pay their bills and intensifying media campaigns in this regard. He warned that the ministry will cut the services once the consumers fail to pay within the deadline, indicating the consumers can settle their bills through the ministry’s website. In a related development, Head of the Emergency Section in Sulaibikhat Court Bailiff Muneef Al-Dalmani disclosed the ministry, represented by the Water Operation and Maintenance Sector, collected KD 2.5 million from the owners of 400 plots in Jleeb Al- Shuyoukh after completing a campaign led by Assistant Undersecretary for Water Operation and Maintenance Sector Eng Mohammed Bushehri.

He revealed the campaign, which started in February this year and ended last week, covered 4,200 plots in Jleeb Al- Shuyoukh; during which they found out that owners of 1,120 houses have yet to settle their water bills. He added some of the owners have accumulated debts ranging from KD 3,000 to KD 60,000 as they have not paid their bills since 1999. He said the campaign also led to the discovery of 58 illegal water connections. He went on to say the owners of 400 houses settled their bills after the disconnection of their water supply. He affirmed the campaign to cut off water supply from 500 houses in Sulaibikhat, Doha, Sabah Al- Nasser, Firdous and Ardhiya started only when the owners failed to pay their bills despite the warnings issued to them earlier.

Read By: 2992
Comments: 0
Rated:

Comments
You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us