RSS
 Add News     Print  
Article List
Average 1.2 deaths a day recorded due to accidents

 KUWAIT CITY, April 12: Kuwait has recorded an average of 1.2 deaths per day due to traffic accidents across the country from beginning of the year until last Thursday, such that 120 Kuwaitis and expatriates died in traffic accidents within the last 100 days, reports Al- Qabas daily. According to an official statistics, 50 Kuwaitis were among the dead while others were expatriates. The high rate of accident deaths this year has become another source of concern for officials and it requires urgent solutions. Men account for 87 percent of the accident victims and women constitute the remaining 13 percent.

The accidents also caused injuries and fractures to 2,000 victims and 250 were severe injuries. Meanwhile, officers from Ahmadi Fire Accident Preventive Unit at Kuwait Fire Service Directorate and Mangaf Fire Station carried out a preventive campaign in some private elementary and kindergarten schools in Mangaf to ascertain that the schools meet the safety and security standards to ensure safety of the students, teachers and staff, reports Al-Watan Arabic daily. Head of the Inspection Team Major Thamer Al-Kafif informed that the campaign covered 25 private schools, during which the officers recorded certain violations like the use of basement as class rooms for nursery and kindergarten pupils. He said the officers have instructed the management of these schools to rectify the errors; otherwise, they will be referred for prosecution.

Read By: 4436
Comments: 0
Rated:

Comments
You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us