Add News     Print  
Article List
Play school at home

I own a nursery playschool with the licence registered with Shoon (Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor). Some children come to the nursery in the morning from quite a distance but they need to come also in the afternoons. Their parents cannot bring them in the afternoon shift although I am not charging anything for this shift. So I was thinking of preparing a place in my home (which happens to be close to their home),of course with a separate entrance and everything decent, where they can attend the classes for free under the supervision of volunteer staff.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it legal to receive kids in my home, although I am doing it for free?

2. Will the staff which supervises them, taking into consideration that they are volunteers, face any problem with Shoon?

Name withheld

Answer: No, you can’t teach or receive these children at home unless you receive permission for this purpose from the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor. You can’t hold classes at home until the Ministry inspects the premises, after you apply for the purpose, and okays the location. After that comes approval from the Fire Brigade and Municipality plus the Private Education Department - in fact all the departments that you had to approach and get permission from when you started the playschool. You have to go through all the same routine again. So it is illegal to receive children at home and you could lose your license if you are caught holding classes at home. So, just approach all the authorities to get permission to start imparting instruction at home.

Read By: 3909
Comments: 0

You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us