RSS
 Add News     Print  
Article List
Kuwaiti attorney for Egypt’s Mubarak receiving threats

KUWAIT CITY, Feb 9: Lawyer Faisal Al-Otaibi, Head of Kuwaiti Defense Lawyers of former Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak says he has been receiving death threats from the Muslim Brotherhood Movement because he had received ‘incriminating evidences’ indicating peaceful revolutionaries were killed during the January 25 revolution, reports Al-Rai daily.
Al-Otaibi lamented that the fact-finding committee, which was formed by President Mohammad Morsi to investigate the events of the revolution, was in reality formed to deceive the Egyptians to calm them and protect the real killers.
He indicated that he will present the evidences to the court to reveal the real killers and acquit the former president, pointing out that the evidences reveal the involvement of the Muslim Brotherhood Movement, Hamas and Hezbollah in the killing of the Egyptian demonstrators.

‘My future is ruined’: A Kuwaiti citizen has filed a lawsuit against the Ministry of Interior and Ministry of Justice for ruining his future by imprisoning him for one year for crimes that he did not commit, reports Al-Watan Arabic daily.
Lawyer Mohammad Al-Majdi said his client was convicted of two crimes in absentia, one for escaping arrest and other for consuming drugs. After serving one year in prison, he was released when the prison officials handed him his passport, which he had earlier lost and which was used by the actual culprit of the two crimes.
Al-Majdi said the culprit was arrested for another crime but the police had failed to check his passport.

Cash, passports stolen:
An unknown individual broke into the house of a Kuwaiti police officer and stole a large sum of money, six passports, three citizenship certificates, eight birth certificates and a cheque book from the safe, reports Al-Anba daily.
Securitymen and officers from Criminal Investigation Department rushed to the location when they received information about the burglary. The officers lifted fingerprints and collected other evidences.
A case was registered and investigations are ongoing to arrest the suspect.

Blacklisted in Kuwait: A Briton of Kuwaiti origin identified as Mihannad Al-Harqeh was arrested upon his arrival at Adan International Port in Yemen from Istanbul, reports Al-Qabas daily.
The Yemeni Ministry of Interior announced the arrest to the Kuwaiti authorities and it was discovered that the suspect is blacklisted in Kuwait.

Read By: 3185
Comments: 0
Rated:

Comments
You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us