Detention of murder suspects of Lebanese dentist renewed Court rejects Scope TV appeal

KUWAIT CITY, Jan 30: The detention renewal judge has renewed the detention of the three suspects who are accused of murdering a Lebanese dentist at the Avenues Mall until Feb 20, 2013.

The suspects have denied allegations against them. They affirmed they did not plan to kill the man and said what happened was an ‘accident’ during a fight.

Earlier it was reported an altercation at Avenues Mall that Friday night had led to stabbing to death of a young Lebanese dentist, identified only as Jaber Samir Yousef, 26, born of a Kuwaiti mother.
He was repeatedly stabbed to death following a disagreement with four young men. It was also reported the four young men followed Jaber into the mall after a fight began over a parking space.
There have also been reports Jaber suddenly stopped his car, causing the suspects to crash into him, and in turn angering them.
The Public Relations Department of the Ministry of Interior in a statement had said a 22-year-old Bedoun suspect had been arrested and charged with the murder.

Court rejects Scope TV appeal: The Misdemeanor Court of Appeals on Wednesday rejected an appeal filed by the owner of Scope TV channel against the first verdict that declined a complaint she submitted against former MP Musallam Al-Barrak.
Earlier, the Court of First Instance accepted an appeal Al-Barrak filed against the verdict of a court that fined him KD 100 in absentia and obliged him to pay additional KD 5,001in compensation to the plaintiff.
The Public Prosecution had charged Al-Barrak for abusing the chairperson of Scope TV channel in public.

B’deshi barber not guilty: The Misdemeanor Court, presided over by Judge Mohammad Al-Khalaf, has revoked the ruling of the Court of First Instance which had earlier sentenced a Bangladeshi barber to two weeks in imprison to be followed by deportation for stealing from a citizen.
Case files indicate that on Oct 28, 2012, the suspect and two unidentified people stole some items from the plaintiff, including his tent. The plaintiff asked the judiciary to punish the accused based on articles 217 and 221/5-6 of the Penal Code.
The defendant’s lawyer, Attorney Hassan Al-Ajmi, told the court that his client was cheated by the two other accused who forced him to remove the tent and call a driver to pick it up.
His client also told the plaintiff that he knows the thieves, but the latter has opted to sue him without making any effort to find the real culprits.
After studying the arguments and evidence presented by both sides, the higher court ruled in favor of the defendant; thereby, affirming his innocence.


By: Jaber Al-Hmoud Special to the Arab Times

Read By: 4145
Comments: 0
Rated:

Comments
You must login to add comments ...
 Existing Member Login      
Username
(Your Email Address)
Password
 
 
   Not a member yet ?
   Forgot Password ?

About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us