Residence transfer

I gave my resignation on 30/10/2012 with the last day 28/01/2013. In between this period my current company is asking me to change my visa to the new employer, but the new employer is asking me to wait for probation period, at least for 3 months.
So is there any problem with the old company or can they take any legal action against me or is this the policy.

Name withheld
Companies normally give about a month for transfer of residence and they are within their legal right to request the Ministry of Social Affairs & Labor to cancel your residence if you delay too long.

On the other hand, the new company can ask people to wait until the end of the probation period to stamp their residence because once the transfer is done, the company and the individual could have problems if they want to part ways.

This situation has arisen because of the new rules. The one-month period or a little more used to be given when the notice period was only 15 days according to the old labor law. While the notice period was increased, the corresponding period to change the residence was not.
The best thing you can do is talk to the management of your old company and request them to be a little patient.
If you fail in this approach, you should contact the Labor Office in your area and put your problems to them.

Read By: 4206
Comments: 0

You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us