The firm terminated me because of dishonesty

I have been working in a retail company in Kuwait for almost 18 months but ran into a problem two weeks ago. The firm terminated me because of dishonesty. It’s my mistake not to remove from my pocket uniform one piece of chocolate worth 180 fils which I kept to make a shelftag.

I forgot to return it to the selling area. I gave an explanation letter but they insisted on my termination and told me they will cancel my visa and send me to the Philippines.

I’m begging them to release me because I have many obligations in Kuwait and I need a job. Can I go to the Labor Dept to get help in my case?

Name withheld
Yes, you can go to the Labor Dept for help. If you are terminated, even for dishonesty, you can’t be deprived of your rights. For this connection please see Article 41 of the Kuwait Labor Law. You can appeal the decision and it is very possible the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor may allow your release.

Read By: 5085
Comments: 0

You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us