Residence transfer from Project Visa

 I came to Kuwait to work for a private company on 15/5/1993. I was hired from abroad on a project visa. After two and half years I resigned from that company and went back home. I re-entered Kuwait on a new visa (project) for another private company on 15th January-1997. Until now I’m working with the same company but my residence has been stamped for our company’s head office not for the govt project.

Now I have got a better job in another company. I’m a university graduate. My current sponsor doesn’t want to give me a release. So, my questions are:

1. Does the new Kuwait Labor Law allow me to transfer my residence even if the sponsor refuses?

2. If it does, where to proceed and what the documents will be required?

Name withheld

Answer: Yes, you can transfer to another company even if the sponsor refuses to give you a release. You have worked 13 years for this firm already. All you need to do is approach the Labor Office in your area and submit your case. You should have no problems transferring your residence.

The Arab Times invites questions on all aspects of Kuwaiti law. If you face a problem, or need specific advice on any legal matter, from commercial and investment law to divorce and labour, send questions to the Managing Editor, Arab Times, P.O. Box 2270, 13023  Safat, Kuwait, or Fax to 24818267.

Read By: 9483
Comments: 0

You must login to add comments ...
About Us   |   RSS   |   Contact Us   |   Feedback   |   Advertise With Us